As You Know India is known as the diversity culture where all types of religious peoples live and celebrated festivals according to their religion. Today I am going to tell you about why we celebrated Savan and in which months its falls.
Auspicious festival for Hindu
Shravan mass is known as the Auspicious festival for Hindu. According to Hindu Mythology its falls in the month of July-August.
As per Vedic Astrology when the sun enters the zodiac sign Leo then it’s said that Shravan mass is to be started. Shravan month is also known as the holy month in which other festivals such as Naga-Panchmi, Raksha Bandhan, Govatsa, Shravani Purnima, Vara Lakshmi Vrata, and Putradaikaidashi also falls in this month only.
During this whole month, Lord Shiva was worshiped. But in the Northern States like Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Chattisgarh are celebrated fifteenth days before the Sothern states celebrated.
Shravan Mass is known as the most auspicious month for Hindu devotees. In these months we should follow some Do’s and Don’t which is most important.
- Chant the Maha Mrintuja Mantra Daily.
- Try to Visit Shiva temples Regularly during this month.
- Try to fast during this month is known as very auspicious and fruitful also.
- Wear Rudraksha during this month. Wearing Rudraksha during this month is known as the idle.
- Chant Om Namah Shivay while Fasting. If you are women the chant Namah Shivay.
- In this month’s strict to avoid non-veg food during this month.
- Do not Drink Alcohol during the month of Shravan month.
- Even Do not Shave during the Shrawan month.
- In Puranas, it’s said that eating brinjal or eggplant during this month is considered impure.
- If you kept fast then avoid breaking down.
There are some pujas which performed during the Shrawan mass let’s discuss which are listed below:-
- Somwar Katha:- This Katha is known as the most auspicious if it is conducted during this month. In this devotees offer bel leaves and flowers, fast till the sunset. Well, Monday is known as the dedicated to Lord Shiva.
BENEFITS OF THIS PUJA
- It gets spiritual upliftment.
- Upliftment of Health, wealth, and prosperity also.
- Removal of malefic effects of various planets.
- For the success of career, job, business and relationships.
This mantra is the most auspicious mantra if it performed during these months. Performing this mantra you will get rid of all prolonged sickness and also blessed with a long and healthy life. This mantra is also known as the Mrita-Sanjivini because it’s known as the components of “life-restoring”.
- Relief from stress, ego., troubles.
- Deep spiritual realization.
- Freedom from diseases.
- For Long and Healthy Life.
- For Courage and relief from evil planets and also fear from death.
MANGALA GOURI PUJA
This puja is performed in Tuesday. Worship of Maa Gauri known as most auspicious during the Shrawan mass especially for married and unmarried women. The mantra of Mangala Gauri is like this “Om Hreem shreem Glaum Gam Gauri Geem Namah”.
HOW TO DO FASTING Fasting during the Shravan mass is known as the more auspicious and its also given in shiv Puran also which desires and fulfill your all dreams. Shravan mass is an important month for the devotees of Lord Shiva. Well, there are two types of fast which was observed during this month.
TEO TYPES OF FAST
- Austere Fast:- In this devotee does not eat anything for entire day except drinking water. Fast was broken in evening after the sunset and consumed regular foods without onion and garlic.
- Partial Fast:- In this fast devotees eat fruits and permitted to eat sabhudana and nuts in a day and eat one time meal after the sunset.
NOTE:- Avoid eating table salt instead of taking black salt. And also avoid eating non-veg, green leafy vegetables, onion, garlic, and brinjal.
- It improves mental and physical health.
- Fasting also removed the obstacles in your life.
- It also increases willpower and memory.
- Women who fast during the Shrawan Monday get a perfect husband.
- Devotees also blessed with spiritual bliss.
MANTRA CHANTING Chant Mantra during this month is known most auspicious and blessed with lord shiva. It was done by Rudraksha rosary or silently in mind. It can do in every morning or evening.
ॐ नमः शिवायOm Namah Shivaay!!Na-Ma-ha means None other than.
ॐ हौं जूं स: ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: ओम त्रयम्बकम् यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मामृतात् भूर्भुव: स्वरोम जूं स:
Rudra Gayatri Mantra
ॐ तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि तन्नो रुद्र: प्रचोदयात।
Apart from these, there is the tenth tallest statue of Lord Shiva in India lets know about this.
10th Tallest Statue
- Nathdwara Shiva statue:- Its height was 251 ft and located in Nathdwara, Rajasthan.
- Shiva of Murudeshwara:- Its height was 123 ft and its located in Uttara Kannada, Karnataka.
- Adiyogi Shiva statue:- Its height was 112 ft and its located in Coimbatore.
- Namachi Statue of Shiva:- Its height was 108 ft and its located in Namachi, skim.
- Har ki Pauri:- Its height was 100.1 ft and its located in Haridwar Uttarakhand.
- Mangal Mahadev:- Its height was 101 ft and its located in Gangtan, Haryana.
- Shivagiri:- Its height was 85 ft and its located in Bijapur, Karnataka.
- Nagashewar Shiva statue:- Its height was 82 ft and its located in Dwaraka, Gujarat.
- Lord Shiva of Keeramangalam:- Its height was 81 feet and its located in the district of Tamil Nadu.
- Kachnar City of Lord Shiva:- Its height was 76 ft and its located in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Shivoham Shiva temple:- Its height was 65.6 ft. and its located in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Bhanjanagar Shiva temple:- Its height was 61 ft. and its located in Ganjam, Odissa.
In India, there are 20 Traditional Lord Shiva Jyotilinga lets discuss.
20 TRADITIONAL SHIVA JYOTILINGA
- Somnath Jyotirlinga Temple, Gujrat:- Its also known as the tourist place also.
- Mallikaarjuna Jyotilingra Temple, Andhra Pradesh:- This temple also listed an 18 maha shakti peetha in India.
- Mahakaleshwar Jyotilingra Temple, Madhya Pradesh:- It was located in ancient city of Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. It is also considered one of the 18 maha shakti peetha.
- Omkareshwar Jyotilingra Temple,Madhya Pradesh:- This is located in the banl of the Narmada river.
- Bhaidynath Dham Jyotilingra Temple, Jharkhand:- It is located in Deoghar.
- Bhimshankar Jyotilingra Temple, Maharashtra:- It is located in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills.
- Bhimsshankar Jyotilingra temple, Orissa:- It is believed to the one of the 12 Jyoti linga of shiva which was located in the western part of the Mahendragiri mountains in Orissa.
- Moteshwar Mahadev Jyotilingra Shiva temple, Uttarakhand:- It is known as the 12 jyotirlingas of shiva.
- Bhimshewar Jyotilingra Temple, Assam:- It is referred to as Dwadas Jyotilingra.
- Mamlekshwar Jyotilingra Temple, Madhya Pradesh:- It is one of the most famous temples in Madhya Pradesh. And also considered one of the 12 Jyotilingra.
- Ghushmeshwar Jyotilingra Temple, Rajasthan:- It is believed that it is one of the 12th Jyotilingra temples which also mentioned in the Shiv Puran also.
- Aundha Nagnath Jyotirlinga Temple, Maharashtra:- It is also considered to the one of the Jyotilingra. It must for pilgrims to visit this temple.
- Vaijnath Jyotilingra Temple, Maharashtra:- It is also known as the Parli Vaidynath Temple which is also identified 12th Jyotilingra temple.
- Kashi Vishwanath Jyotirlinga Temple, Uttarpradesh:- It is also known as the famous temple and holiest sites for Hindus because it was situated on the bank of the river Ganga in Varanasi.
- Timbakaeshwar Jyotilingra Temple, Maharashtra:-It is known as one of the holy places and famous temple in Maharashtra and also known for fourth Jyotilingra of Shiva.
- Kedarshwar Jyotilingra Temple, Uttarakhand:- It is known as the Highest among the 12th Jyotilingra. It is situated high in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
- Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga Temple, Maharashtra:- It is believed that it is the last or 12th Jyotilingra of Shiva which also mentioned in Shiv Puran and it is located in Ellora caves of Aurangabad.
ABOUT SHIVA LINGAM
Well, the lingam represents the male energy creative of Shiv. This symbol is worshipped in every temple and home.
Shiva Workshippers is known as the India most Sadhus and Jogis. In which their body covered with ashes, dressed up in saffron clothes, and wear rudraksha mala.
ATTRIBUTES OF LORD SHIVA.
- Shiva is seated on Tigerskin and wear also tiger skin.
- The tiger represents the mind.
- Shiva lives on Mount Kailash in Himalaya.
- His third eyes which symbolized the all-knowing awareness.
- The vehicle of Shiva is known as the white bull called Nandi(means joyful).
- The snake which he wears around the neck is the power of death and poison also stands for Kundalini energy.
The meaning of Om Namah Sivaya is like this:-
Va:- Pranic Air.
CONCLUSION:- Shrawan months are known as the most auspicious month. During this month this is known as the brings positivity in your mind and believes in your God.
I hope you like my today topic. Next time I come with another interesting topic. Remain happy and stay positive.